THIS METHOD IS FOR:
- Steak pies
- Jelly-less pork pies
- Gourmet pork pies
- minced steak pies
- Game pies
Re-heat, baked pies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 130-140˚C. For Aga: use the upper quarter of the hot (baking) oven but not the top shelf.
- Place on a baking sheet and reheat for 45 mins from frozen or 25 mins from chilled.
- Always ensure the pies are piping hot before serving and we also recommend that after heating, the pies are placed on a cooling wire for 5-10 mins for the pastry to re-crisp.
- You will be rewarded for your patience here!
This is our recommended option for best results
- Pre-heat the oven to 175˚C. For Aga: use the upper quarter of the hot (baking) oven but not the top shelf.
- Cook straight from frozen and keep in foil tin. Glaze the pies with beaten egg or milk and place on a baking sheet.
- Place baking tray in the oven and bake for 45 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 4 mins. With a suitable oven glove invert the pie quickly to release it from the foil. Be careful here as the gravy is very hot and if it leaks it could scald the skin.
- Check the underside of the pie pastry and if it is a similar golden brown to the top… perfect!
- If it is slightly less cooked, the oven temperature needs to be a fraction lower next time! Please try to avoid serving the pies with the underside not browned at all as this spoils the intended texture of the product.
- If the base of the pie is darker than the top the pie has sat on the baking sheet for to long. So next time increase the temperature slightly.
- If you are satisfied with the degree of bake, remove the remaining pies from the foils and place on a cooling wire for at least 5 minutes to allow the pastry to “set” and crisp.
- Finally…. ENJOY! And having eaten the last one simply order some more...